January 24, 2023 -- Due to upcoming retirements, Regina Public Schools is seeking to fill Superintendent of Student Achievement and School Services leadership positions
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
Superintendents of Student Achievement and School Services provide strategic leadership to enhance
opportunities and achievement for all students in Regina Public Schools, including:
- Leading and implementing Division-level strategic priorities and contribute to the work of the Division Management team.
- Providing educational, operational, and administrative leadership and supervision to a portfolio of schools.
- Supporting equitable, diverse, and inclusive environments for learning and working and contributing to the development of positive, unifying organizational culture for students and staff.
- Building respectful and productive relationships and partnerships within and outside the School Division.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Student Achievement and School Services, the Superintendent of Student Achievement and School Services is part of the Division’s senior management team and collaborates with colleagues across the organization in support of the ongoing sustainability and success of Regina Public Schools.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Successful candidates will be highly motivated leaders and innovators who meet the following requirements:
- Qualifications for membership in the League of Educational Administrators, Directors and Superintendents (LEADS) including Professional A Teacher’s Certificate and Master of Education, Business Administration or Public Administration or master’s degree in a LEADS approved related field.
- Minimum of five years of successful, increasingly senior and diverse administrative experience.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, adaptive change management, and organizational leadership skills.
- Proven leadership skills to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, engagement, and foster an innovative, collaborative organizational culture.
- Excellent working knowledge of current research in best practices for teaching, learning and school operations from a classroom, school, and Division perspective.
- Knowledge of provincial education sector governance, legislative frameworks, collective agreements, and Ministry policy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relations with Division and school-based staff, Board members, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Leadership and Collaboration, Results Orientation, Initiative, Strategic Thinking, Influencing Others, Communication, Confidentiality.
- Obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
Regina Public Schools is located on Treaty 4 land in the homeland of the Métis. It is one of the largest school divisions in Saskatchewan serving the educational needs of approximately 25,000 students in 44 elementary schools, eight high schools, three faith-based associate schools, Campus Regina Public, and the Allan Blakeney
Our dedicated team of employees includes instructional and support staff who work to instill the value of knowledge, the dignity of effort and the worth of the individuals by living our Shared Values in our schools, workplaces, and communities. These Shared Values are I belong, I am responsible, I respect, and I want to know.
Regina Public Schools believes equity, diversity and inclusion make us stronger and is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals inclusive of all groups protected by the Human Rights Code including Indigenous persons, members of visible minorities, persons with a disability, women in underrepresented occupations, and individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation.