Regina Public Schools administers Home-Based Education for students living within the Regina city limits.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in Regina Public Schools refer to Regina Public Schools Administrative Procedure 280 and/or contact Michele Roland Semenchuck, Home-Based Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 306.523.3145.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in the province of Saskatchewan refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Homeschooling.
- For curriculum information, please refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Curriculum
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION:
- For further information about the various ways to earn high school credits, please visit https://www.reginapublicschools.ca/high_school_pathways.
- You may also refer to the presentation from Kevin Gabel [Ministry of Education]: Earning High School Credits as a Home-based Student
- Credit Count Summary Sheet
- Please note that school divisions do not issue official high school transcripts. This is supplied upon request by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education for students who have earned recognized high school credits.
REGISTRATION FOR HOME-BASED EDUCATION:
- To register your Home-Based Education program with Regina Public Schools, please complete the following three forms *:
- *Notification of a Home-based Education Program
- *Written Education Plan 2019-20
- *Home-Based Education Registration form (Regina Public Schools)
- Home-Based Education Registration Checklist
Please submit these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
Regina Public Schools Home-Based Education
1600 4th Avenue
Attn: Michele Roland Semenchuck
ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT:
- Home-based educators are required to submit an Annual Progress Report for each home-based learner. All Annual Progress Reports for the 2019-20 school year should be submitted by June 15, 2020. There are options for the format of the Annual Progress Report:
1. A Portfolio of Work (a periodic log and work samples; OR a periodic log & summative record; OR a periodic log, work samples, & summative record.
2. The test results of the home-based learner who has taken a nationally-normed standardized achievement test.
* If the home-based learner has taken an on-line course through Saskatchewan Distance Education Courses, you may send a copy of the report card with the final grade. This can be included as part of the Portfolio of Work.