Regina Public Schools administers Home-Based Education for students living within the Regina city limits.
The Home-Based Education office is now closed until Monday, August 24, 2020. Registration forms (see below) for the 2020-21 school year may be submitted after August 1, 2020. If you have any questions regarding Home-Based Education, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (306-523-3145) after August 24, 2020. Emails to the office will be answered as soon as possible.
INFORMATION REGARDING HOME-BASED EDUCATION FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
Home-Based Education requires the parent of the child to take over the role as the educator. Parents are responsible for setting the goals for the child for the year, gathering the materials and resources they intend to use, and delivering the instruction and assessment for their child. This is different from “remote learning”, where the school is more closely involved with the instruction and assessment of the child.
If you choose to register your child in Home-Based Education, you must submit the required registration forms (see below). To qualify for the Home-Based Education Grant for the purchase of educational materials ($800.00 per elementary student and $550.00 per high school student), you must have your Home-Based Education registration forms submitted by September 15, 2020 and continue in the Home-Based Education program. This funding will be issued to families at the end of January 2021.
Families may register in Home-Based Education at any time during the school year before May 31, 2021, but will not qualify for the Home-Based Education Grant if registering between September 16, 2020 and May 31, 2021.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in Regina Public Schools refer to Regina Public Schools Administrative Procedure 280 and/or contact Michele Roland Semenchuck, Home-Based Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 306.523.3145.
- For information regarding Home-Based Education in the province of Saskatchewan refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Homeschooling.
- For curriculum information, please refer to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education Curriculum
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION:
- For further information about the various ways to earn high school credits, please visit https://www.reginapublicschools.ca/high_school_pathways.
- You may also refer to the presentation from Kevin Gabel [Ministry of Education]: Earning High School Credits as a Home-based Student
- Credit Count Summary Sheet
- Please note that school divisions do not issue official high school transcripts. This is supplied upon request by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education for students who have earned recognized high school credits.
REGISTRATION FOR HOME-BASED EDUCATION:
- * Home-Based Education Notification
- * Home-Based Education Registration Form
- * Home-Based Education Written Education Plan
- Home-Based Education Registration Checklist
* Please note that all three Home-Based Education forms should be submitted to register your child in Home-Based Education.
ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT:
- Home-based educators are required to submit an Annual Progress Report for each home-based learner. All Annual Progress Reports for the 2019-20 school year should be submitted by June 15, 2020. There are options for the format of the Annual Progress Report:
1. A Portfolio of Work (a periodic log and work samples; OR a periodic log & summative record; OR a periodic log, work samples, & summative record.
* If the home-based learner has taken an on-line course through Saskatchewan Distance Education Courses, you may send a copy of the report card with the final grade. This can be included as part of the Portfolio of Work.