Criminal Record Checks

Volunteers who provide services to students on a recurring, scheduled basis; or are present in a school on a recurring, scheduled basis prior to 6:00 p.m. on school days require an original Criminal Record Check (CRC).

Any person supervising students on their own (even for just one occasion) also requires an original CRC. This includes individuals involved with before-and-after-school programs and extracurricular activities, including individuals who are supervising overnight trips. The applicant must attend at their local police service to apply for a CRC. Photocopied Criminal Record Checks will not be accepted.

There is a fee of $10.00 for processing a CRC for an individual in a volunteer capacity. If the application is made online, there will be an additional fee of $9.95 (Processing fee is the responsibility of the volunteer applicant.) In-person applications with Regina Police Service are by appointment only.

Volunteers who were utilized during the past year and who have a satisfactory CRC on file do not require a new CRC for this school year. Volunteers are required to sign AP403 annually. Volunteers who have not been utilized for more than 12 consecutive months, in which case a new CRC must be obtained.

A volunteer who is identified as requiring fingerprints will be advised at the time of applying for a records check by the Regina Police Service or police service where the application is being made. The volunteer will be requested to submit a letter from the school indicating that he/she is applying for a records check in support of his/her request to volunteer at the school. This letter serves two purposes:

(1) it confirms the relationship of the applicant to the organization/ school, and

(2) it allows for the fingerprint report fee to be waived.

Regina Public Schools Administrative Procedures relating to police information checks are available here (#402) and here (#403).

Regina residents, can visit the Regina Police Service website for more details. If you reside outside of Regina, you must obtain your police information check from your local RCMP detachment or police service.

Please contact your local school administrator if you have any questions.

Please note: Police information Checks become the property of Regina Public Schools. Copies will not be provided for other use.