Regina Public Schools is seeking a temporary full-time Administrative Assistant III for the HRIS/Benefits & Payroll department (36.65 hrs/week). The position requires a 7:30AM start. Hours are subject to change based on operational needs.
This temporary full-time position is to cover a leave and is from November 29, 2021 to June 30, 2022. If the leave ends earlier, the assignment may end prior to June 30, 2022.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Operate and maintain the School Division’s Automated Dispatching System (ADS) and sub/casual Workboard.
- Proactively monitor future long-term vacancies to ensure adequate sub coverage is provided.
- Continually monitor and review teaching and support staff vacancies and absences during the morning call-out period; research any jobs that have not been filled to determine the cause and manually dispatch and/or contact replacements. Report daily sub shortages.
- Ensure “Must Place” placements are working as required. Follow up with employees who are not working on a regular basis and advise Supervisor of HR.
- Communicate absence/dispatch policies and procedures to employees and encourage user adherence.
- Ensure database information is correct and perform information updates in a timely and accurate manner, including updating Sub employee and must place profiles.
- Act as the help desk contact for the Principals/VPs, sub employees by responding to a wide variety of questions and requests for help as they interact with the ADS call-out system and sub/casual Workboard.
- Perform daily activities to monitor the call-out system performance such as checking the system activity log, reviewing, and troubleshooting error reports, and correcting errors as required.
- Work with school clerical staff to ensure jobs are verified, errors are corrected, and information is authorized in time to meet Payroll deadline.
- Maintain and distribute all ADS related documentation including brochures and training material.
- Perform other duties on an as and when required basis.
The successful candidate should have a Grade 12 education or equivalent, post-secondary administrative related studies or equivalent, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the need for precision and accuracy in data entry, and a demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy.
- Ability to use judgement, discretion and tact when providing information.
- Strong problem-solving skills when recommending or clarifying information with others or investigating system related problems or issues.
- Proven ability to interact professionally and positively by applying customer service skills.
- Ability to work within daily time constraints while handling frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage incoming emails, voicemails, and phone calls, and to respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision.
- Superior organizational, time management and analytical skills.
To ensure consideration for this position, a comprehensive resume should be submitted to email@example.com by no later than Tuesday, November 23, 2021.
When you click on "Apply Now", remember to attach the necessary documents to the email.